Pages

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Rocky Mountain Views

I was in Denver about a month ago for a preliminary program interview and just absolutely fell in love with the city. It was another solo adventure, and I'm so glad I took the time to visit! I only had about half a day before my interview, so I decided to rent a car and check out the area as much as possible. The program seems amazing and is located at a Denver community hospital in the downtown area. The environment seems nurturing and fun...as an intern you are able to spend a month abroad and potentially a month on Maui (!!!). I was originally thinking that I would try to stay in Chicago next year but this place seems like the opportunity of a lifetime. It would be scary to move somewhere new for a year but I think my life needs a challenge like that right now...not quite sure what I will do yet, but the mountains are calling me... 


Some photos from my whirlwind 24 hours in Denver...

Top: Tattered Cover bookstore, view from the hospital call room, a cool mural in the Highlands
Middle: Little Man Ice Cream, REI flagship store, Root Down (best restaurant ever)
Bottom: Talulah Jones, Dazbog coffee, globes @ the Root Down Denver Airport location

P.S. I stayed the Magnolia Hotel in downtown Denver and it was lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment