Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sevilla: Part Two

I'm getting lazy about narrating my trip, so let's just cut to the chase...

The Cathedral of Seville...

Our tour guide, Alfonso

A cute old man selling incense

The back of the cathedral

Fountains inside the pretty courtyard

Holy Water


The Alcazar is a Moorish-style palace built by the Christian Spanish royal family. They hired Islamic architects and builders to get the job done, and it is absolutely beautiful. (The current royal family actually still "winters" here on the top floor.) We took a walking tour through the palace with Sevilla Walking Tours and Concepcion as our guide. I'm obsessed with tile work, so for me this was a feast for the eyes.
















And after we saw the palace we walked through the gardens.











I was actually a little skeptical about seeing a Flamenco show (not sure why), but I am SO glad we did. We caught a 7pm show at the Museo del Baile Flamenco. It featured a dancing duo and Spanish guitar solo. I didn't know this beforehand, but Flamenco is all about the boys. Their footwork is much more complicated, dramatic and impressive. The dancers were truly talented and the music was amazing, so if you want to avoid a cheesy Flamenco tourist trap head here.









The end. Now onto Barcelona.

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures, so beautiful! The gardens in Sevilla are one of my favorite places in the world. I even use them as something to imagine when meditating or using "self hypnosis". And I went to the same Flamenco show :)

    ReplyDelete